StartEngine Founder’s Summit: A Deeper Dive into Compliance Requirements
StartEngine’s Director of Compliance & Due Diligence Jon Reyes and Kristen Howell, a Partner at Fox Rothschild, walk the crowd through the legal aspects of equity crowdfunding in a breakout session at the StartEngine Founder’s Summit.
Over the course of the hour-long session, the two take a more focused look at the different regulations Regulation Crowdfunding and Regulation A+ and discuss:
- The legal disclosures required to use the two regulations: what information do companies have to provide to investors, and what are the significant differences between Regulation Crowdfunding and Regulation A+?
- The financial and corporate documents required to use the two regulations
- What kinds of terms you can offer to investors, from equity to debt and revenue share
- What the most common offering type on StartEngine is and why that type can help you get through onboarding faster
- Why StartEngine doesn’t offer SAFEs
- The StartEngine review process and the common issues they both see when reviewing companies’ documents
- Post-launch legal issues, and more
You can watch the session in full here: