10 Stats to Show Why You Should Raise Your Next Round on StartEngine
There are A LOT of reasons to raise a round of capital through equity crowdfunding, and we think even more to raise with StartEngine. But sometimes it can feel hard to keep them all straight. So, to make things easy, here’s our list of the Top 10 Stats to show why you should raise your next round of capital on StartEngine.
1) 90.8% – our funding round success rate in 2022.
That means 9 out of 10 companies who raise on StartEngine exceed their minimum funding goal. Per KingsCrowd – a leading publication covering equity crowdfunding – it also makes us the industry frontrunner.
2) 167 – that’s how many offers have surpassed $1,000,000 in funding on StartEngine.*
Of those millions-club raises, 23 have exceeded $5 million in funding. 10 shot past $10 million in funding. And 4 have topped a whopping $20,000,000 in funding. The high rollers?
- Boxabl, a foldable instant-house manufacturer, raised $24 million during its Reg. A+ round in 2022. It then maxed out a subsequent Reg. CF round in under 12 hours. WATCH co-founder Galiano Tiramani talk about his experience on StartEngine here.
- Monogram Orthopedic, a developer of robotic surgical assistants for custom knee implants, raised $23 million in its Reg. A+ round in 2023. That includes $5 million invested in the final week of the company’s offering.
- Knightscope, an autonomous security robotics company, raised over $20 million in back-to-back Reg. A+ offerings in 2021 and 2022. They’ve since joined our roster of successful exits, ringing the Nasdaq opening bell in January 2022. WATCH here.
- StartEngine itself. We’re the only equity crowdfunding platform to actually raise our own capital through the crowd. As CEO Howard Marks likes to say, “we eat our own dog food.” The results? Our previous funding round in 2021 exceeded $28 million, and we’ve just crossed $10 million in funding in our current round.
“I decided to give crowdfunding a shot, and it just worked. Right away.” – Boxabl co-founder Galiano Tiramani.
3) $650,000,000 – that’s how much StartEngine users have invested to date.**
And with more than 1 million prospective investors on our platform, that’s an average of $650 invested per user.
So how does that average stack up against the competition? Well, according to the most recently published data as of January 2021, Republic had an average of $500 invested per user. And as of December 2021, Wefunder had an average of just $330 invested per user.***
4) 700 – the number of campaigns our team of funding specialists has under its belt.
We put that expertise to work: helping you to file the Form C and other paperwork for both Reg. CF and Reg. A+. We also help to get your campaign page ready, market your offer, and ultimately hit your funding goals. Learn more.
Did you know? StartEngine is a licensed transfer agent and carrying broker-dealer. That makes us a one-stop shop for your cap-table management.
5) 30+ years – how long StartEngine CEO Howard Marks has been in the startup game.
His last gig? Co-founding gaming giant Activision Studios ($70 billion acquisition by Microsoft). Howard also strategizes directly with many of the founders raising capital on StartEngine.
6) $500,000 – the total value of perks available to founders from StartEngine partners.
That includes key services from top brands like AWS, Stripe, Airtable, ADP, HubSpot and more.
Some of our most impressive partnerships? Earlier this year, StartEngine teamed up with IndieGogo to introduce its community of 11 million backers to equity crowdfunding. More recently, we agreed to acquire SeedInvest – once complete, the consolidation will ratchet our community up to 1.7 million users (that’s A LOT of prospective investors).****
7) Up to 70% – the average amount of investments from existing users on StartEngine.
Our users are some of the most active in the industry. The key to getting noticed? Build early momentum with your own community. Then your raise can start to snowball.
Did you know? Companies who attract 100 new investors to StartEngine in the first 30 days of their offering can gain an early boost in their raise. How? We’ll send a standalone email to our full investor community. Learn more.
8) 37 – the number of successful exits between StartEngine and SeedInvest combined.
Between IPOs and acquisitions, 37 companies have completed successful exits following raises on StartEngine and our soon-to-be sister company SeedInvest.****
9) $200,000 – the value of grants awarded by Mr. Wonderful during our Pitch Comp.*****
StartEngine is the only equity crowdfunding platform to host a quarterly pitch competition. And founders of all stripes can compete for the chance to win prizes from our very own Mr. Wonderful. That’s a BIG name drawing A LOT of eyeballs to StartEngine – and by extension, that can mean added visibility for your raise too.
10) Untold millions – how much StartEngine alums have raised from private equity.
That includes top VCs like YCombinator and Draper Associates. Some of the most notable follow-on rounds after StartEngine:
- MedAnswers, a platform connecting users with reliable health information, raised $5 million from Life Sciences Innovation Fund and Viking Global Investors following its 2018 Reg. CF round on StartEngine.
- JetPack Aviation, a manufacturer of (you guessed it) jetpacks, raised $2 million in 2019 from Skype co-founder Jaan Tallinn, Cathexis Ventures, YC, and others after its Reg. CF offer in 2017.
- HackerNoon, an open-source publicist for technologists, raised $1 million in 2020 from fellow startup, Coil, on the heels of its 2019 Reg. CF offering on StartEngine.
“Smart VCs love companies who raise capital from the crowd…because these businesses have demonstrated shrewd marketing and strong product-market fit.” – StartEngine CEO Howard Marks
Want to raise your own round on StartEngine?
Or, even if you’re still on the fence – apply today to talk to one of our funding specialists about how we can help you achieve your goals. Apply Now.
*Includes funds raised between Reg. CF and Reg. A+ combined through StartEngine’s funding portal and broker dealer.
**Total raised includes funds raised between Reg. CF and Reg. A+ combined through StartEngine’s funding portal and broker dealer, as well as StartEngine’s own raises and is inclusive of investments that have been closed on, investments that are received but not yet closed on, and investments that have been submitted but not yet received.
***These average investment per user figures were calculated by StartEngine in November 2022 by dividing the investment total and user counts published by each platform respectively.
****Completion of the acquisition is subject to closing conditions and regulatory approval. See additional information here.
*****Kevin O’Leary is a paid spokesperson for StartEngine. View the details here.