Hello fans of Saebo!
This is my first post as CEO of Saebo. I’ll be sharing thoughts on products, the market, and our key milestones over the coming weeks. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company.
Saebo offers a wide variety of products and services for stroke and traumatic brain injury (TBI) or other neuro-related conditions.
Over the coming weeks I will highlight four of our best-selling products, all considered to be the most advanced and capable in the world, for their designated applications.
Today I’ll be talking about the SaeboStep™ (or as we call it, the Step).
The Step is designed to help those recovering from:
- Spinal-cord injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Orthopedic injuries
Issues the Step will address:
- Ankle/foot weakness
- Gait abnormalities
- Difficulty raising the foot due to reduced function or “foot drop, drop foot”
Key attributes of the Step:
- The Step consists of a lightweight, uniquely designed foot drop brace that provides convenience and comfort while offering optimum foot clearance and support during walking.
- The Step was designed to replace uncomfortable, stiff, or bulky splints that go inside the shoe as well as poorly manufactured braces designed for outside of the shoe that lack support and durability.
- The Step can even be worn comfortably with the majority of male or female shoe styles. Individuals can use their favorite shoes by ordering the accessory kit to enable footwear without eyelets to be modified.
- The Step is fully adjustable and designed to provide a comfortable yet secure fit for most patients. Our unique design requires no cutting or trimming and can comfortably fit all patients with an ankle circumference between 6.5 inches and 11 inches.
Why are we excited about the future of the Step?
- The Step serves the largest population of an enormous and growing market. The global orthopedic braces market is forecasted to grow at 5.8% CAGR to $4.6 billion by 2027. More patients are ordering these products online and soft & elastic braces, where the Step would reside, is expected to grow at the highest rate during this period. (https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/orthopedic-braces-support-market-24806829.html)
- The Step is priced below expensive custom orthotics, so affordable. It’s also value-priced above cheap elastic braces, conveying superior function and durability.
- Our gross margins are exceptionally high for the Step, allowing us to explore international markets and channel partners with enough incentive to support a tiered model.
- The Step provides almost instant relief and improved function for our clients, creating raving fans and testimonials.
It’s an amazing product. Don’t take our word for it, here’s a sample of what our patients have to say:
“Our Saebo experience was a wonderful one…I had tried an AFO and found it unmanageable. It was so unforgiving and uncomfortable that I did not use it. After my hip replacement surgery, I was having a difficult time walking. We found the Saebo website and checked it out immediately. …I wore the brace to physical therapy and my therapist was really excited about it and her clients that it will help. Several qualities are exceptional. One is that you can put it on without help and adjust it for maximum support. Another is that it is comfortable all day. The eyelets are ingenious. All in all my wife and I are thrilled.”
“I love your brace. I had a full orthotic for 13 years and have been using this for almost 2 years. Someone stopped me in a store and told me about this great product and it has truly changed my life. It changed my walking pattern and I can walk sometimes without my cane. People and doctors are amazed and I recommend your product to everyone.”
“In the past I have used a carbon steel AFO brace that slides into my shoe. I used it sometimes, but not all the time because of discomfort. It was also hard to find a shoe to slide it into. I also bought a Bioness electronic brace for over $600. This was okay but after a while I got a lot of skin irritation under the electrodes. I could really only wear it a few hours a day, but I needed to wear it all day. Plus, I had to find wider pants to fit over the brace. The SaeboStep is reasonably priced and I am very pleased with it. Actually it’s the best brace that I have used so far. I am actually using it everyday! I actually WANT to put it on.”
“I am a physical therapist specializing in spine rehabilitation. I have a patient that has drop foot and today she came in using this drop foot brace and I was impressed by how good she looked and ambulated. Her balance and quality of gait improved significantly. very simple to adjust and to install in all kinds of shoes. Great product I recommend it!!”
“I had a custom, ceramic, ankle-foot orthosis made for $2500. This turned out to be like a medieval torture device – an expensive one too! It was so uncomfortable. Then I saw the SaeboStep on the Saebo website and it looked much more comfortable so I decided to try it. The SaeboStep is far superior to the other device I was using which caused my heel to come crashing down when I would go up and down steps. What a difference this makes. I am so grateful to the engineers at Saebo for their innovations. Keep up the good work!”
Disclaimer: "These testimonials may not be representative of the experience of other customers and is no guarantee of future performance or success.”
If you have any questions about the Step or other products, clients and markets, please let us know.