RECOGNITION APPS GET BOOST FROM APPLE, SHAZAM DEAL; PLANTSNAP NOW COVERS ENTIRE PLANET; SALES STRONG DESPITE SEASON; CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCED
Apple buys Shazam music recognition app for 400 million
As the press anointed "Shazam for Plants", PlantSnap is excited to be recognized as the next big thing in recognition apps!
Why is PlantSnap a great opportunity? Read why Apple is buying Shazam and recognition app investments "make a lot of sense."
PlantSnap is growing quickly!
- Version 1.14 is now LIVE along with an important update to the algorithm. PlantSnap recognizes over 90% of all plants and trees on the entire planet!
- Sales of PlantSnap recently surpassed 150,000 downloads in only 6 months consistently pushing us to the top of the Paid App rankings for all apps
- Engaged in talks with six international companies to distribute PlantSnap in multiple new countries
- Translation of PlantSnap into 10 languages is underway
- A free, trial version of the iOS app is being finalized, along with freemium, ad-supported version for Android users. Both will launch in the next few weeks
- Plans to launch a massive, global marketing campaign will follow release of the free versions
We have a winner in our Costa Rican sweepstakes!
Thank you to all who entered, and keep your eyes open for more contests in the future!
If you are an investor, we continue to ask for your support here at StartEngine! We have already been dubbed the Shazam of Plants, and now it is time for us to continue to build a company with that type of potential.
PlantSnap is the most innovative, quickest and accurate plant identification app in the market. Many plant identifying apps use crowdsourcing, where it takes a few days, or even weeks, for an “expert” to offer their opinion. With PlantSnap, once you snap a photo, we instantly provide you with detailed information of the snapped plant with no guess-work involved.