Our innovations inspired by a vision to impact climate change have been cited by leading institutions
Santa Barbara, CA – Santa Barbara, CA – August 8, 2021: Liberty Access Technologies (Liberty) continues to drive innovation, to envision the future and remain an agent for change. As we strive to help protect our environment and address the growing challenges of climate change, we are pleased to announce that our concepts as reflected in our patent portfolio have been cited as prior work by numerous Fortune 500 companies.
A patent portfolio is a tool that allows Liberty to compete with much larger companies for the resources we must have in order to shape the world to our vision. Many of you share that vision and have invested in our company, and we are extremely grateful for your trust in our efforts and our intention to be part of much-needed EV infrastructure. As has been said many times, if you do not wish to accept the present, then create the future.
Intellectual property is a vital part of shaping our technological future. Like companies many times our size, we develop new technologies and protect them with patents. We are pleased to share what we feel are some interesting facts about our intellectual property and patent portfolio. This information is publicly available; however, it is very difficult for the layperson to find.
We are proud to say that a number of our patents have been cited as prior art by several fortune 500 companies. This means that several companies and also one world-class technology institute while attempting to file their own patents discovered that Liberty, a small company funded on the StartEngine platform, already had issued patent claims on certain valuable concepts in the EV charging industry. Those entities are Qualcomm, Philips, Toyota Motors, Apple and MIT.
A patent owner is allowed to exclude others from copying what is considered to be a valuable innovation for a set period of time. Small companies must rely on innovation and nimble development as core survival tools in the battle for survival among well-established, multi-billion-dollar entities that are increasingly dominating our lives and perhaps our futures.
Patents are granted and issued because the described concepts and methods are deemed to represent what the patent examiners judge to be innovative and economically valuable. StartEngine itself, the platform Liberty has chosen to raise funding for our company, offers an innovative path to the future of investing that allows a diverse group of people to own equity in a novel concept and the company seeking to implement those concepts.
In addition, Liberty promises that before the end of this year we will be announcing at least one new and disruptive technology based on our issued patents that have also been cited by the above-listed multinational companies.
Liberty’s patent portfolio includes:
- U.S. Patent No. 10,812,979 - Method and apparatus for finding and accessing a vehicle fueling station, including an electric vehicle charging station
- U.S. Patent No. 10,245,967 - System and method for managing vehicle charging stations Method and apparatus for finding and accessing a vehicle fueling station, including an electric vehicle charging station
- U.S. Patent No. 9,646,435 - Method and apparatus for finding and accessing a vehicle fueling station, including an electric vehicle charging station
- U.S. Patent No. 9,373,205 - Access control system and method for use by an access device
Liberty’s systems are being used by organizations across the country, including Bristol Meyers Squibb, Cushman and Wakefield, Pacific Gas and Electric, San Diego Gas and Electric, the Arizona Public Service and several large school districts and multi-tenant residences across the country. Our mission is to use our patented technology to enable our customers to control costs and carbon emissions via our "grid-aware" and “carbon-friendly” technology.
Key features of our solutions are:
- Software or hardware-based centralized monitoring and control of multiple numbers and types of chargers
- Integrated with HID Global access control systems – the largest installed base of access control sites at a broad range of venues, such as workplaces, apartments, hospitals, and airports
- Ability to optimize costs and minimize carbon usage. California customers can participate in our Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) credit “co-op”
- NEW solar-powered stand-alone product “solEV”
About Liberty Access Technologies
Liberty specializes in access control systems for electric vehicle charging in the parking industry, fleet EV and multi-tenant dwellings. LIBERTY’s patented Synchronous Code Generation technology enables secure charging without expensive networks, and the Hydra Multi EVSE Control system enables cost-effective large-scale EV charging solutions for workplace and multi-tenant. Our mission is to use our patented technology to enable our customers to control access, costs and carbon emissions via our "grid-aware" technology.
Find out more at www.libertyaccesstechnologies.com or invest in Liberty here.