2021 was a remarkable year for Eli Electric. After almost five years of design, engineering and planning, we are proudly building and shipping our first batch of vehicles.
Just last weekend, three containers of Eli ZEROs arrived in Bremerhaven, Germany. Our production partners in Jiangsu are now busy assembling the next order of vehicles, which will ship in a few weeks.
2022 is set to be even more exhilarating, and we’re beyond excited to enter a new phase of our venture. We’re planning a new raise from institutional investors to speed up and expand production. We also plan to further develop the European market, and plans for US market entry, initiate private test drives for our investors, and work on some exciting iterations of Eli ZERO.
Recap key milestones in 2021
• Successful first round of equity crowdfunding: We closed our first round with a bang, attracting ~$1.4M and 1,500+ new investors to the Eli family
• Eli to Europe: In spring, we shipped out test vehicles and first order to EU Regional distributor.
• Eli to the Netherlands: In April, we shipped another test vehicle to The Netherlands to a regional distributor specializing in micro-EVs.
• Eli to Italy: Our test vehicle was delivered to Bologna, Italy with our Italian distributor.
• iF Design Award winner: We were honored to win the 2021 iF Design Award, a world-renowned design prize!
• Small-batch production: This year, we finally started small-batch production!
• Shipment to Europe: In fall, we started shipping production vehicles to Europe.
• New equity crowdfunding launch: Our second round of equity crowdfunding campaign launched in September. In less than four months, we’ve raised over $600,000 and welcomed over 500 more investors to our community.
• Attending EICMA: Eli Electric attended the world’s largest motorcycle show in November, and the feedback from customers and dealers was overwhelmingly positive.
• Eli on an island?: Right before Christmas, we launched sales to Tahiti, an island where micro-EVs have the potential to be the primary form of personal transportation.
A pivotal moment in the future of mobility
In 2021 Tesla built close to 1 million vehicles. I still remember reading about when Tesla delivered its first 12 Roadsters, their first EV model.
In some ways, Eli ZERO is our Roadster-- our first vehicle model. Unlike most EV startups, our vision isn’t to build a bigger, faster car, but to build a new species of agile and efficient personal vehicles that fit the cities of tomorrow. We hope that our vehicles will promote a lifestyle that is more community-centric, less highway-dependent, and can reduce congestion and urban sprawl.
With thousands of individual investors like you on board first, we hope to become a different kind of EV company, with our own story and own vision of the future of urban mobility. We can’t wait to share our journey with you in 2022, and THANK YOU for funding the future of urban mobility.
Marcus Li | Founder and CEO