StartEngine to hold a Demo Day for 14 startups at the NY Business Expo in New York
LOS ANGELES, October 10, 2012 – LA-based startup accelerator StartEngine will host a Demo Day at the upcoming NY Business Expo 2012 for 14 of its startups. The demo will take place on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 – 8:30AM at 69th Regiment Armory in New York, NY. The invite-only event will feature presentations from a variety of startups, including a number that are in stealth mode. The companies hail from industries including: mobile, social, big data, gaming, education, entertainment, and e-commerce.
Here are the companies presenting at the Demo Day:
- TheStyleClub – Catering towards teen shopping, TheStyleClub provides affordable high fashion in a social setting. Will offer limited edition designs, a celebrity curated catalogue and Flash Sales.
- Hoonto – Allows members at every level of an organization to view, track, and talk about the data that is important to the company by making it simple, secure, and social. For better data driven decisions, Hoonto will work within a browser for drag and drop data organization on a real-time dashboard.
- Enplug – Seeks to introduce interactive, social displays in high traffic areas allowing anyone to advertise at the locations they want within minutes. Updateable through smart phones to create advertising in real time.
- MotionDispatch – A radically new approach to digital distribution – Virtual Distribution. SaaS scalable cloud platform for digital media.
- oSurv – A social comparison platform that analyzes sentiment through mobile-distributed A/B testing.
- Outlisten – Collects, synchronizes and auto edits digital content posted by fans to create a complete concert going experience online.
- Overhead.fm – An affordable app that provides a customizable stream of music for businesses, bypassing middlemen holding public performance rights and their clunky dedicated hardware.
- KoKoChe – Enables local flash commerce for cash-based communities. Alerts go out in real-time, rewards scale based on response time, and downtime becomes a thing of the past.
- MyRight – Helps people learn their rights by simplifying the law and making the experience interactive.
- WhereMyDogsAt – Aims to solve every problem a dog lover might face. From restaurants, parks and pet stores, to apartments, hotels and vets, WhereMyDogsAt is a social app for dogs and their owners.
- PageWoo – Tackles the problems encountered in mobile advertising through automation, optimization, and machine learning.
- Smilu – Developing cross-platform video games and a proprietary network allowing people on different devices to play live action games together, redefining their social aspect.
- GonnaBe – Aggregates and organizes what all of your friends are planning to do at a glance, giving you the option to opt in or share your plans as well.
- Flinja – Dedicated to connecting students and alumni through jobs by providing a safe place within their college network to hire each other. Flinja won the Genius award at StartEngine’s Demo Fall 2012.
StartEngine (www.StartEngine.com), a rapid accelerator focused on helping Los Angeles-based technology startups, helps new entrepreneurs build a solid foundation for success in 90 days. Created by Howard Marks, co-founder of Activision, and Paul Kessler, one of the most prolific investors in Los Angeles, Start Engine will provide local startups with the essential resources and counsel they need to become successful, self-directed businesses.
About NY Business Expo 2012
NY Business Expo 2012 is an interactive B2B trade show that focuses on showcasing innovative products and services from startups and small businesses in the tri-state area. The event will take place at the 69th Regiment Armory on November 14th and 15th.